As a past, present, or prospective guest with Upper Canyon Outfitters (UCO), you’re a part of our family.You should know we always take the health and safety of our guests and staff very seriously. For 34 years, UCO has been sharing the joy of life-enriching adventure travel. We’ve been through a number of difficult times. We recognize that the current situation with COVID-19 is one of them and is unsettling. We extend our heartfelt sympathy to anyone who has been impacted.
As a family owned and operated company, we are doing our best to make sound decisions that are fair and in the best interest of everyone.
Currently we plan to run all trips as scheduled. Our trips are scheduled to begin in June, which is past the CDC’s and other guiding organizations’ travel-restricted timeframes. Fortunately, the nature of our vacations is built around social distancing. We work hard to give our guests a remote experience that allows them to reconnect with nature, get out on the rivers and trails and into the fresh air. We rarely have more than 25 guests – and usually fewer.
As you know, this is a rapidly evolving situation and our response may change as we learn more. We are taking a number of immediate steps:
- For now, we are updating our deposit return policy to be more flexible to give peace of mind to our clients.
- We continue to strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance. We have partnered with the Dude Ranch Association and the Montana Outfitters and Guides Association to offer you a choice in travel Insurance. The Global Rescue’s Signature Travel and Signature Plus (Cancel for any reason) insurance allows you to insure all your expenses and covers all activities. While a Travel Insurance Policy can be purchased at any time, purchasing a policy within 20 days of making your initial trip deposit gives you the widest range of policy options specifically canceled for any reason. Ask an agent about a rider that covers for “Fear of Travel” We hope this helps you book with confidence.
- We have always followed the CDC’s recommendations for sanitation standard operating procedures – the current Coronavirus prevention protocol
- We have hand sanitizers on all trips
- Each guestroom is supplied with hand sanitizers and antibacterial soap.
- Our food handlers adhere to strict guidelines for food preparation and clean-up. All surfaces are sanitized.
- We are implementing even more frequent sanitization of surfaces in the lodge and cabins.
- Every cabin and room are laundered and deep cleaned between guests.
We will take all additional steps necessary based on the most current information with the goal of keeping clients and staff safe and vacations running smoothly. Please take comfort in knowing that here at UCO our team is working extra hard to ensure we meet or exceed sanitation guidelines.
We will continue to tap into our values, our strengths and lean on one another with compassion in the coming weeks and months. We will continue to update our protocols as the situation evolves and as more information becomes available.
We will face this challenge as most Americans will, with an undefeatable spirit, tenacity, common sense and compassion. We thank you for navigating these difficult times with us.
Donna and Jake McDonald
Upper Canyon Outfitters